Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday

It's Sunday and while it was fogged in early, the day has emerged with a beautiful blue sky and sunshine.  When we arrived at church, someone or more probably several someones, had chalked the parking lot and the walkway into the foyer with the names of God.  One after another they emerged into view as we walked forward.  Mighty One, Counselor, King of Kings, and on and on they went! It was amazing and inspiring. No one claimed responsibility, so I guess it was a Christmas gift to us all.

And speaking of Christmas, last evening Ann and Eric posted this picture, which I shamelessly stole, of the tree they cut yesterday.  It's gorgeous!!


You can see the closed pocket door behind it. Their house has a circle in it so no worries that they can't get into the kitchen. :-)  I love seeing Daniel standing on the arm of the chair, balancing himself on the ceiling, to hang a high ornament. As Eric said, it needed a bit of encouragement to fit through the door, but they love it!  ♥

5 comments:

  1. Haha! WOW! That IS big! We bought a tree and purposefully got a rather skinny one. It still feels cramped in the living room. I’ll post a photo on Instagram soon. I need to put some gifts under there to complete the image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Fortunately, they have a big living room. I like skinny trees, but Dan and Ann love the big full ones, so that's the way we roll around here.

      Delete
    2. I grew up with large trees, but it didn't happen for me, though we had some nice trees. Today, the pencil tree has made it possible for me to have a tree in this little house.

      Delete
    3. I remember those huge, beautifully decorated trees at your house. They were amazing and filled with handmade ornaments the likes of which I'd never seen before. As you know, much of my love of Christmas decorating came from your home.

      But a lovingly decorated tree, no matter the size, says Christmas is welcome in that home!

      Delete