Saturday, December 5, 2020

Early December Saturday

What is it about Saturdays?  Even when you don't work, Saturdays are special.  I sort of slept in, eight-thirty, which was lovely.  After breakfast we began plotting our projects for the day.  For me, that meant serious Christmas shopping so I could cross it off my list.  After conferring with Ann and Dan, I achieved success. Decisions were made and the items were ordered.  Yay!!

Then to the basement to store decoration boxes (Dan), and finish basement decorating (me).  As we worked on those things, boxes of things from my parents' house--files, photos, etc.--surfaced and we were able to do a little sorting and consolidating and shredding.  Another yay!

This afternoon Ann and family came to get their Christmas tree from Papa's Tree Farm in our lower backyard.  Such fun!  Such a huge tree!! They used our pickup to drive around to pick it up so the boys all decided a ride in the back was called for.


I didn't get a picture of the tree in the back of the truck because they left the back way.  I hear they had to pull a pocket door closed from the living room to the kitchen to create a corner big enough for the tree.  It sure made for a fun afternoon! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a fun afternoon for sure! I am envious of that live-tree fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have fun time! Sure glad they had those big boys to handle that big tree!

      Delete