Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday Evening

Well, I just remembered that I'd better pop on and at least say I'm here! It's been a lovely, relaxing day with snow falling throughout.  They said we'd maybe get half an inch, but at least three are down, and since it's still snowing, maybe more by morning.  Dan plowed this afternoon and I napped.  Sounds like a good balance of effort, doesn't it?  :-)

We stopped at Subway to grab a couple of subs for lunch after church. I've found a new one I really like--teriyaki sweet onion.  I get a foot-long and save the other half for lunch the next day. Rats, now that I'm thinking about it, I want to go and eat it now.  Must.Be.Strong. Must.Be.Strong.

Tomorrow I need to get serious about beginning my Christmas baking. Think I'll start with a couple of cookie recipes, one that needs refrigerating, and one I can bake right away.  Now that I've written that, I'll have to be accountable.  

Here's a closeup of the top of the china hutch featuring a little counted cross stitch scene, also designed by The Prairie Schooler. 


Stay warm out there!  Winter seems to have arrived in all its icy beauty. ♥ 

4 comments:

  1. It snowed in the Valley yesterday, too, but became sloppy (as opposed to crunchy) midday. This morning (Monday) it's trying to rain.

    We hadn't ordered food anywhere, not even Subway, since the pandemic began, but last night we ordered a pizza -- a refreshing change from what we normally eat, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paper said it snowed an inch but I don't know where they measured because we definitely got three or more and it snowed again lightly this morning. It's cold and Dan had to plow again. Ah! Winter!! :-)

      You have been such a good girl! We haven't ordered food often, but there have been times I just needed to do it and so we did. Maybe ten times over the past ten months. Yay for pizza!

      Delete
  2. I confess that we order food maybe one a week. However, I’ve recently been an inspired cook. I prefer cold weather cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, prefer cold weather cooking. I get all sorts of ideas and usually dive in. Some days, however, there's nothing, as in NOTHING in my mind, and then it's pick up the phone. Thank goodness we have that option!

      Delete