Today was a busy day with household chores mixed with Christmas baking and a little mask making. I began with washing our sheets, the first load of the day, and then finally remembering to make myself a Christmas mask. The fabric is a classic Mary Engelbreit design.
I continued with laundry and did a little ironing and then turned to cookie making. This time I went with the little cookie stamps and made a traditional shortbread recipe and a brown sugar one. These have been tradition for thirty years or more. They smell so good! (So far I've resisted eating one . . .)
Dinner was easy--toasted cheese and tomato basil soup. And now I'm falling in a heap. ♥

I envy you your Christmas mask.
ReplyDeleteYour collection of mix-ins seems to be missing Nestle's chocolate sea salt caramel bits. Chocolate-covered toffee bits are a favorite here. And if you accidentally double the butter in the recipe, it makes them "to die for."
I haven't heard of those! I'll have to look, it wouldn't do not to have every flavor available in my pantry. And I take it you speak from experience in the "to die for" category? LOL
DeleteI didn't find the sea salt caramel bits at Winco. I get mine at Albertsons.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I speak from experience on the toffee cookies. The recipe I found reads just like the Toll House cookies, but with only half a cup of butter. However, initially I used a full cup. I received compliments from all eaters, but I think that the toffee is butter-rich, and you really don't need more than 1/2 cup butter.
I looked for some at Winco but didn't see any. I think I'll probably have to check Safeway or Rosauers. Like I need more chips! Must.Use.Up.What.I.Have. Oink!!
DeleteHahahahaha! I feel the same way about fabric and yarn, but it's just not fun -- and not inspiring -- to have to say no because you already have. It is disciplined and wise, however.
DeleteLooks like I answered about the mix-ins on the wrong post. Such is life!