I'm here in body, if not in mind. We went grocery shopping this evening to avoid the crowds and now there's not a drop of energy left in my body. Some days I truly feel my age! Anyway, I think we have everything we need for Christmas meals and that's a good feeling.
I'll just put this little picture up and wish you all happy and joyous days as we lead into Christmas Day.
♥

Great little picture! I still have to get the produce before we head out for a country Christmas. And I always worry about the food.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. I told Dan I was trying to make sure I didn't forget anything and he said, "You know, we can always come back." And we can. But not so easy for you once you're at the farm.
DeleteIt's an odd thing. People do live at Gilbert, and I'm sure they make trips to town for groceries, but once we're there, we try not to. I just hate the feeling that we won't have something that someone will want. It helps when we're there a day or two ahead of Hallie. She stops for anything I see we need. And -- I try to make-do.
DeleteWe’ve not starved once!
DeleteIt would be a long time before we'd starve, but we've run out of bread.
DeleteOne reason I find it difficult is that I usually don't plan meals for the week. I draw on the meat in the freezer, and I have on hand the ingredients I need. But at the farm, I have to plan meals so that I'm sure we have what we need. How do I know ahead of time what we'll want to eat?
I'm the same way, which I why I tend to have/buy everything available. I could never plan a week at a time because how would I know what I'll feel like eating on say Thursday?
DeleteExactly! Both of my sons are very organized cooks and make food for their lunches and dinners on the weekend. In that way, they are disciplined.
Delete