Thursday, December 3, 2020

December 3 and I Almost Forgot!

I just finished emptying the dishwasher and thought I'd make a last check of email and Facebook when I remembered I said I'd try to write each day until Christmas.  Arrgh! Such a short memory!  

So, what happened today?  It was a gloriously beautiful day with sunshine streaming in the windows.  It did seem a little strange to be setting out Christmas decorations on such an unwintery day, but pretty much the whole upstairs is decorated now. Yes, including the bathrooms. (And even the laundry room downstairs gets its little additions.  More on those rooms on another day.) 

I was a little shocked a few minutes ago when I realized this is our twenty-second Christmas in this house.  By far the most Christmases in any house I've lived in.  Which actually makes it easy to decorate as I don't change from year to year. Tradition!!  (As Tevye would sing, although he didn't celebrate Christmas . . .) 

The window pane wall hanging made its way upstairs last Christmas to replace the red and green log cabin star. It was a success, so it is back again this year.  Hmmm, that makes me realize that some traditions do  change over the years.  

And here's true tradition, Bear Corner.

A happy little group backed by a beautiful copy of The Night Before Christmas, illustrated by one of my favorite artists, Susan Winget. 

It was a good day, with much accomplished, including getting my hair cut!  Always an upper.  ♥

6 comments:

  1. I like the window pane! And of course, I love bear corner. I would sit there and read to them.Oh! you are having such fun, and I'm inspired by all you're doing. My artificial Christmas tree is up and plugged in -- the best I can do but cheerful nevertheless.

    I don't know much about Susan Winget, but I see her name, and I picked up a couple of mugs seasonal mugs with her designs at a rummage sale. I enjoy using them.

    Just an aside -- When I buy at the rummage sale, I see items that I imagine were gifts to an aunt or grandmother, and there they are at the rummage sale. Well, I enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that bear corner is a favorite of mine, too. Dan has been getting me a Susan Winget wall calendar from Lang Graphics for years now and I love her work. I also have several Christmas mugs featuring her art and my Christmas cards the last few years have also been by her. Guess I'm a fan for certain! :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the grey bear on the left. Do his arms move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bear's arms and legs both move. He was made by a lady from Troy about thirty-five years ago. She made amazing bears and sold them every year at a craft sale. I have several others made by her, too. Such talent!

      Delete
    2. Our mutual acquaintance, the late Jeannine Miller, was a collector of teddy bears. I'm not sure she made them, but I know she made dolls and encouraged my interest.

      Delete
    3. I didn't know that about her. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm thinking of making a post about the handmade bears!

      Delete