Apparently I used up all my energy and brilliant words over the last few days and to use one of our favorite phrases, I've fallen in a heap today. I've done nothing constructive and thought no deep thoughts. (Do I ever think deep thoughts? I'll think deeply about that.) (Smile)
So here are a couple of photos of past projects. The first is a stitchout from Embroidery Library which is no longer available. I suspect it's because the digitiser used the UK spelling of counsellor instead of the American counselor. I don't mind. It hangs at the top of the stairs to the basement.
And here's a closer view of the window pane quilt in the living room. It uses Holly Taylor's fabrics in a Doug Leko of Antler Quilt Designs pattern.
And that's it for today from the Resort. I think we're going to pick up dinner curbside somewhere tonight. Heap! It's fall in a heap day! ♥
Thank you for posting even though you're in a heap. I didn't do well today either, and I really had the best of intentions. I finished a dress for Hazel, but a dress for the handmade baby doll didn't "materialize." Sometimes I have to step out of the imaginary online world and do something in the real world.
ReplyDeleteSo, the windowpane is fabric, not embroidery? I love it. I love it. I think I could stare at it for a long time. And I love the machine embroidery piece, too, and like you, I wouldn't mind the unusual spelling.
Correct, the designs in the window panes are fabric, squares that were part of a panel designed by Holly Taylor. The pattern was designed to use them. So clever!
DeleteI love the idea of decorating with things that have a story, and that’s just what you’ve done. A little story behind each thing. It gives a home depth, I think.
ReplyDelete