Monday, December 14, 2020

Christmas Baking Starts!

I did it!  I got two kinds of cookies made today. One was kind of a cheater cookie in that it was just a layer and bake--the Magic Bar Cookie made with sweetened condensed milk.  Haven't made those in years and since I had four cans of the milk, decided to "give them a whirl."  Still yummy!

I also made gingerbread cookies.  Several years ago Ann gave me a box of cookie stamps as part of my Christmas.  I've used cookie stamps before, but just small ones on shortbread type dough. These stamps are big!


And they make big cookies.  Very yummy big cookies.  I use the recipe on the box and the first time I made them I was a little leery as they call for a tablespoon of ginger, but they are really, really good cookies.  Guys especially like them! Last year when the men from our church came caroling, I passed out cookies before they drove away in the van.  From the back I heard, "Now THIS a gingerbread cookie!" followed by several assents.  In the photo below you can see some ready for the oven, some baked ones behind, and the stamps to the side.


When I was making the bar cookies I got out my stash of baking chips and realized I might have a problem.  A problem with buying baking chips. Apparently I have no shortage!


I didn't count the bags, but I'm guessing around two dozen.  ♥



3 comments:

  1. Well, you know, you don't want to run out of chocolate chips. I will end up with extra when I can't remember whether I have it or not.

    I have found that you can't go wrong with more ginger in the gingerbread. Well, I suppose at some point it can be overdone, but yes, about a tablespoon is good in my large batch of molasses cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I counted. Twenty-five bags, but they consist of semi-sweet, milk chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, cinnamon, butterscotch, chocolate covered toffee bits, and dark chocolate. I'm an equal opportunity chip buyer, prepared for any emergency!

      Delete
    2. Haha! Impressive! I love the compliment you received on the cookie. So sincere!

      Delete