Our sheets and blankets, as well as our bedspread, are all cream colored, so it's fun to make seasonal pillowcases. Here're our Christmas ones which are just going back in the linen drawer today.
And here are our Valentine's ones which are going on our bed today. (Gotta get that bed made up before bedtime! I confess, I hate changing the sheets.)
We were the recipients of many sets of sheets and blankets when we got married. As it was 1972, the colors were mostly gold and green, with some pink and blue thrown in just for good measure. Our first bed was a double bed. When we bought a new queen bed some years later, it necessitated new sheets and blankets. After years of multi-colored bedding, I choose the all-cream theme we still have. It's much more restful. And it's fun to throw back the bedspread and find the colorful pillowcases.
What fun! I really love the idea of the Valentines pillowcases! I also use solid white sheets, while I like cool sheets with patterns, I hate when I want to change my decor. Anymore, I try and keep my base tones to black, white and tan, and add whatever colors I like to those. I tend to do the same with my wardrobe... geez how dull am I? LOL
ReplyDeleteYour pillowcases look crisp and fresh -- even in the photos. I like the nice deep hems and the embroidery sets off the fabric.
ReplyDeleteA few years back I figured out that if I would keep the basics to neutrals I could mix and match the accompaniments. From the bedroom to my tableware to my wardrobe, the concept has worked well for me. So CJ -- I don't think it's dull. It's economical and allows freedom to explore options.
Okay, I HAVE to say how much I LOVE that heart on your Valentine pillowcases.
ReplyDeleteWhat's strange for me - I make LOTS of pillowcases for kids, grandkids and others. Do I make them for hubby and me? NO
CJ and Kathy, yup, keeping things neutral makes it easy to add color when you want. Especially with the seasons. One of the reasons I'm "spiffing" is that every year when I put the Christmas things away, I feel like all the color left the room. Time to add color year 'round!
ReplyDeleteCindy, the heart is from "Year 'Round Fun 1" ETO 47771. Isn't it just perfect? You'll have to make some pillowcases for you and Scott. It's fun and it'll make you smile.