Does this happen to anyone else? I couldn't find the picture that goes in the main upstairs bathroom. Just before Christmas I replaced it with a small Christmas quilt I had made and displayed at the shop. I must have spent half an hour looking for that picture. Where, oh where, had I stashed it? I looked in every closet, every bedroom, and finally under every bed. It was nowhere to be found. An item I had stashed last Christmas only came to light just before this one, and I was afraid I was about to have a repeat. A vague nagging in my head told me the picture was in our bedrom closet, and finally after at least my third check, I looked down just inside the door and saw it leaning up against the upright of some floor-to-ceiling shelves. The white back blended right in and made it virtually invisible. Sometimes I'm just too clever.
Below is a wall quilt I made late last summer. It's a Country Threads pattern. When Dan saw it, he said, "Those are funny looking spoons." I told him they weren't spoons, they were folk art flowers! Well, the label on the back now reads, "Spoon Flowers". It's in the primitive style, and I really like it. It goes on the wall in the breakfast nook, and it was good to get it back up.
I've been perusing a few blogs and am in the mood to continue sorting out the house and making a few changes. Perhaps a few new pillows, a new runner, and maybe a new rug for in front of the fireplace will materialize in the next few weeks. Here's hoping!
Your story about trying to find "where" you put something you took done to put up Christmas decorations is a total "Cindy Story". I think I do that every single year.
ReplyDeleteI'm also one of those crazies that hides Christmas gifts and then will find one, two or three of them AFTER Christmas.
Yep, I'm living proof that there is a "ditz" amongst us. LOL
BTW - love the spoon flowers.
I must take my tree down rather early since we leave the country house after the holidays. But I take my time putting away my other holiday embellishments and find that works well for me. Like you found, there just comes a day when it's time, and I'm accepting of the work. Last week I just slipped the Christmas plates to the bottom of the pile, without giving it much thought.
ReplyDeleteIt's always good to hear that others "lose" things -- so reassuring to know I'm not necessarily losing my mind. There are a few things missing since we moved. I'm afraid I threw them away. KW
Oops, got busy yesterday and didn't respond to you ladies. Sounds like we all have stash problems, and that makes it pretty certain that we're not losing our minds. :-) I still have putting-away to do and probably will over the next few days. After all, what's the hurry?
ReplyDeleteKathy, you'll probably find the missing things one of these days--in some improbable spot.
And Cindy, if you're a ditz, we all are. :-)