About six months after the first shop closed, I got a notice in the mail that a new shop was opening, very near my house! Oh the joy!! Several of the ladies who had worked in the old shop now worked at this one and one day the owner said one of those ladies had suggested me as someone who might teach a new embroidery club. Me?? Well, after thinking about it for a month or so, I said yes. It's been so much fun, but I have to admit, coming up with ideas sometimes causes a little stress. A week or so ago I lay awake one night wondering what we could do this month and an idea came to me. I worked it up in my Explorations software, and here it is:
Each triangle pennant is stitched in the hoop then trimmed and attached to the binding. Voila--a valentine banner to hang wherever the maker chooses. I kinda like it. :-)
Darling! And I know just where to hang it... around naked hips! LOL
ReplyDeleteI just love it. Do you have instructions for us bloggers? I'd love to make a couple if you do.
ReplyDeleteAnd, BTW, what Bernina do you use now? I know CJ had the 830 and 630 as I do. I think both machines embroider wonderfully.
Does your Bernina shop have quite a bit of fabrics or is it mainly a Bernina Machine Shop?
Again - this banner is just too adorable.
See!! I knew your projects would work on the blog. I no longer hang banners (or anything else) on my naked hips, but I do have an etegere where it would be great! I'll come to the meeting unless it snows or ices.
ReplyDeleteOh my CJ, you cracked me up!! I just showed your comment to Dan and he said to tell you it says, "Be Mine, not BeHind!" :-)
ReplyDeleteCindy, if you want the files and the instructions, I'll be glad to send them to you. I use my 200/730 to embroider. It stitches wonderfully. My Bernina shop is also a quilt shop although it is rather small in size. In these times, she is careful not to overextend herself. I'm doing everything I can to help her stay in business. Like CJ, I'm patriotically shopping!
Kathy, glad it will work for you. I think we'll have fun making them in class. But you might want to think about the hips before you put it on the etegere! :-)
The Bernina shop where I got my machines has slimmed down. Oh, they're still in business but not as much inventory. Although, what's strange is that they keep selling out of 830s - figure that one out.
ReplyDeleteI used to sew all their samples but got tired of it after a couple years.
There is a Bernina shop even closer to me now that we've moved but they just are NOT as nice or accomodating as the one I started with so I stay with the original Bernina Shop - even though it's MUCH farther for me to travel to get there.
When I was going to trade up to get a 830, the closer Bernina shop couldn't even thread the machine - "I" had to show THEM how to work the 830, and not one employee (not even the owner) could answer my questions about the capabilities of the machine.
There is the MOST wonderful quilt shop down by our old home, it opened four months before we moved. It made the Fall 2009 Top Ten Quilt shops list so whenever I head south, the truck automatically goes to the Quilt Shop....I've trained the truck well....LOL