Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Charmed, I'm Sure

I picked up a charm pack of Moda's Snow Blooms by Kansas Troubles Quilters a year or so ago. I love their fabrics--the colors are just my style. I mentioned in my January Sorting post that I'd like to make a few changes around the house and that a new runner would be one of them. Then I was over at Sew Cindy's the other day and saw the runner on her hutch. It caught my eye and I thought, "Charm squares." And then I remembered the Snow Blooms and, more amazingly, found them! There were twenty-four squares in the pack, just enough to lay them out in a three by eight rectangle.


Super simple, but I love how it goes with the "Spoon Flowers" wallhanging in the breakfast nook.


Just ignore the Dustbuster on the floor. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it DOES go with your wall hanging. What a nice size for your table.

    Did YOU know that I'm a Kansas Troubles Fanatic? YES I AM.. I love every line Lynne puts out. I have a designated cupboard SOLELY for Kansas Troubles. Infact, I have an UFO that's for OUR bed from KT. Why is it we sew for US last? LOL

    Glad to be an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the only thing I understand here is the runner on the table looks great with the spoon wall hanging. I'm as lost as I am with the artisan bread . . . Maybe that's why I love to step back in time.

    Oh! I also understand "sew for US last." Yes -- it's time to sew for US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, yay! Another KT lover. I don't have much, teaching kind of kept me out of the loop, but I plan to rememdy that now. Or maybe I'll raid your stash. :-) It's hard to find locally, but I get the Hancock's of Paducah catalog and just got the new one. I really love last year's Vine Creek and they still have it.

    Kathy, Kansas Troubles Quilters is the name Lynne Hagmeier uses for her line of quilt patterns and fabrics. Moda is the company that makes her fabrics and Snow Blooms is set of coordinating fabrics she put out a year or two ago. Charm packs are 5" squares of each fabric in a line sold together in a pack. Does this make sense??

    And the artisan bread? Simple recipe you mix up, store in the frig, and haul out and bake on a baking stone in a 500 degree oven with a pan of water for steam. You get a free-form loaf of crusty, yummy bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new table runner is on my short list as well, yours is PERFECT with the wall hanging!

    I love charm squares... I just wish they cut the darn things more evenly. When we were in the RV fulltime, charm squares were my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CJ, I've had poorly cut ones, but this pack was right on! Maybe they're getting better about cutting? They make a great stash and I definitely need more. Somehow they help when I need some inspiration, probably because they already coordinate and I don't have to wonder if I should cut up a large piece of fabric (and possibly live to regret it).

    ReplyDelete