Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday

It is pouring down rain on our snow! Oh well--it was beautiful and will be again. After all--it's not actually winter yet.

We are having two couples from church over tonight for some pizza and my Sweetie is busy mopping the floor! Yes, I do know what an amazing husband I have. I said that with the weather as it is, don't bother, but he said it had to be done. Oh, I love that man! (My floor method? Sweep, spot clean with a damp paper towel and my foot!)

Our tree is all decorated, but we need to water it again and then put down a skirt and add some presents. Dan took a picture last night, but with a bare floor, it just was missing the full "oomph".

Here are a couple more pictures of Christmas at our house:


Our daughter Ann made these towels for us several years ago and it's always so fun to get them out and hang them in our bathroom. She used her embroidery machine to stitch out the Debbie Mumm Santa and then added Mom and Dad underneath. The hand towel has bells from a Nancy Halvorson design set.


My little corner of cozy bears are waiting for a visit from St. Nick. And speaking of waiting, I think my kitchen has been waiting for me to get out there and make some kind of dessert for tonight. Hmmm, what goes with pizza and salad?

3 comments:

  1. Great pics! I'm making my lists -- not at the point of checking them twice yet. And definitely not at the point of taking pictures of "cozy corners." I'm way behind. Since I can't keep up, I allow myself the whole month of January to celebrate with my decorations.

    Desert with pizza? Well, not a pie. That would be overdoing the pie thing. So, I would make a white cake in a 9x11 pyrex dish, pour green Jell-O over it, frost it with Cool Whip, and put it in the fridge to await my guests. What did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling because when I went to the kitchen to contemplate dessert, I decided on a chocolate pie! It sounded light (made with good ol' Jello pudding) and cool (lite Cool Whip topping) as a followup to the pizza! The crust is cooling and I will put the rest together shortly and stash it in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See? You went the other way -- one good pie deserves another. Sounds good! Meanwhile, I went to the kitchen, found a Jiffy white cake mix and a package of raspberry Jell-O (put lime on the list!), and some Cool Whip in the fridge. Voila! I'll act on my own idea. Oh -- and that's what Mike always says about the floors -- that they have to be done. To me, no one looks at the floor (of course, sticking to it is another matter), but we should probably clean up the clutter. Have a good time! XO

    ReplyDelete