Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas This 'n That

Dan is off to get the stitches out of his elbow and I'm relaxing on the loveseat for a little while. We've been busy this morning getting out the last of the Christmas decorations (me) and getting the lights and garland on the tree (Dan). Yes, Eric came over yesterday, along with Ann and the boys, to help get the tree in the house. It's huge! Mr. Forester Dan found us a gorgeous one, as usual, but this one seems to be wider than many we've had. No pictures yet as we need to put the ornaments on it first.

Speaking of pictures, I've made a wonderful discovery! This new laptop Dan bought me for a retirement present has a slot for the camera memory card and I got them downloaded in a jiffy! Hey, maybe I'll actually get my pictures organized and printed. I'm getting excited just thinking about it!



The (rather blurry) picture above was taken this morning in the kitchen and features an Ellen Stouffer calendar and a platter which was a gift from brother John and wife Karen. The broom was made by me probably thirty years ago, but I still love it. As I've prowled through our (many) boxes, I've been taken back in time. Some things are very dated and won't go up, probably, ever again, and yet they bring back memories of Christmases past. My style hasn't changed much over the years, but my taste in colors has gone from brights to the deeper tones which truly satisfy me. Our house is very light, with huge windows, and it can handle them.

But back to the boxes, the many, many boxes. At the moment they are creating an obstacle course in the downstairs hallway. Perhaps after this little respite, I'll attempt to do some organizing of use/won't use before putting them back in the closet. But no, now that I think about it, I'm sure that's a job for January when all this gets put away. :-)



In the above picture, the beautiful runner was made for us by daughter-in-law Amy several years ago. The sleigh was another gift from brother John and wife Karen, and the candlesticks were among the first pieces of my Christmas dishes, Christmas Heritage, by Pfaltzgraf. The snow seen falling through the window is a gift of beauty for today.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment