On Christmas morning, I opened my first pieces: a place setting and the salt and pepper shakers. More pieces came my way over the next few years, and by the time I was married in January of 1972, I had a full set for eight including all the serving pieces. Syracuse went out of the home china business, concentrating on commercial ware, but in recent years I have been able to add more place settings thanks to Replacments, Ltd. I recently used these dishes at our annual women's Christmas Tea at church. I wish I had thought to take a picture of my table, but I didn't have a blog then. I snapped this picture this morning.
After forty-six years, I still love these dishes.
A funny thing happened on my way to updating my own blog. By way of "Google Friend Contact" or whatever they call it, I saw your new post and now I'm sidetracked. Yes, having a blog will keep you using your camera. A blog is really a pretty wonderful thing, bringing new dimension to life.
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful dishes and I'm so glad to know you still have them. Something just clicked for you with those dishes, and obviously it's still clicking. How wonderful!
And thanks for the memory of the gift department at Oud's Hardware. The owner told my dad that she did great business out of there, especially in the fall -- not only for Christmas but because of hunters who came from out-of-state and wanted nice gifts to take back home. Gone are those days. Last year a visiting friend found she could not buy a towel in downtown Orofino. I think there's a quilt shop, though.
That's a very pretty pattern and a good picture, too! There are so many nice china patterns out there--it's really amazing. I can see why people enjoy collecting tea cups. Every pattern with a story to tell.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Hallie. My picture-taking ability seems to be rather limited. I think I've got a good one, and then when I get it on the computer, it's fuzzy. Good thing it's not my profession! I'm going to keep practicing though. :-)
ReplyDeleteApparently, you hold the button down half-way while it auto focuses and then you push it the rest of the way down. At least that's how mine works (as it's been explained to me numerous times). I really don't have that kind of patience and am not good. We could start a fuzzy photo club!
ReplyDeleteI'm in!! Thanks for the info--I'll pay more attention and see if it helps. I've noticed something coming up that says AF once in a while and it must be the auto focus. Hmm, wonder if I have a direction book. Maybe I should read it?
ReplyDelete