Here's the result of my baking. I do love how they look and taste. Pure Christmas baking heaven. And can you see the cute snowman timer in the background? We got him in McCall a number of years ago on a trip through to Boise.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Christmas Cookies
Dan had a meeting last night, so as he was leaving, I decided it would be a good evening to make some cookies. Spritz cookies. When we were first married and I made dozens upon dozens of Christmas cookies, I borrowed my Mom's Mirro spritz cookie press. It was all aluminum with a large screw you turned to press out the cookies. It was a little difficult to use, but I eventually got the hang of it. Several years later, someone came out with an electric "cookie gun" and my mother-in-law was kind enough to get it for me that Christmas. It was a dream to work with and I loved it until one year the seam in the barrel blew out. End of cookie gun. A few years ago I purchased a manual cookie press from Pampered Chef. It has a trigger. Last night as I used it for the first time in several years, I had a great deal of trouble getting the cookies out and then getting them to stick to the cookie sheet. Maybe the dough was too stiff, or maybe my butter hadn't warmed up enough, or maybe my hands have gotten too old. I'll try again, but I'm thinking of borrowing back Mom's old Mirro press.

Here's the result of my baking. I do love how they look and taste. Pure Christmas baking heaven. And can you see the cute snowman timer in the background? We got him in McCall a number of years ago on a trip through to Boise.
Here's the result of my baking. I do love how they look and taste. Pure Christmas baking heaven. And can you see the cute snowman timer in the background? We got him in McCall a number of years ago on a trip through to Boise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They do look yummy. I should get mine out and give them a try again. The boys do love to use the cookie "gun".
ReplyDeleteMy you were energetic. And your tray of cookies looks so festive! My evening activities are usually low-key. I think I have Mother's cookie press. I can still see her putting all her might into twisting that knob! What a chore! I also have a cookie shooter.
ReplyDeleteYes! I was just going to tell you that we called it the "Cookie Shooter". :) Your cookies look VERY good. I liked to put little cinnamon red hots in those cookies. I can't quite tell--do you have some red hots in your cookies?
ReplyDeleteHi Hallie! No, they are not red hots, just some little red balls along with some tiny green holly leaves from a box of fancy "sprinkles" I got in Boise several years ago. Unfortunately I find red hots too hot for my mouth.
ReplyDelete