It's 62 degrees outside and the wind is quite breezy. There is a bit of blue sky, but thunder storms are forecast for later. Here at the resort we feel as if we are stuck in a perpetual early April. It's as if we were at the coast but here's no ocean down the lane. Oh well, some years are like this.
I'm finishing up my latest project in the sewing room and hopefully I'll get the quilting done today. Here's a sneak peak:
It's a table runner called Seminole by Atkinson Designs. It's been fun to put together, and I have no end of admiration for those who come up with such easy ways to put designs together. I've had the pattern for years and finally took the plunge. Yes! Another buffalo overcome. :-)
Meanwhile, it was a lovely Memorial Day weekend here at the resort. Dan got lots of little projects done while I was stitching away. We watched Cam, Keat and Daniel Friday night and Daniel and Keat Saturday afternoon (Cam had a soccer game out of town). Daniel was very busy chewing on anything he could get in his mouth and drooling. Hmmm...
You guessed it! Ann called yesterday to say he had gotten his first tooth and that number two is not far behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the table runner! Looks as though it will coordinate with summer's Americana.
ReplyDeleteAs Mike says, "Today would be a great day if it were February." One thing about it -- we don't need to feel guilty about sewing when we can't get out of the house.
Another "first" for the baby book! (I was not good about noting those dates -- and I don't think anyone cares either, though they are interested in their baby books. Maybe I should finish them up. LOL
How lucky you are to be "young" grandparents and able to assist in the care of your grandchildren.
Ooh, that's a neat design! Was that a kit that came with the fabric or was it just a pattern and you chose the fabric? I really like how it incorporates the red and green that have the same subtle design. Very effective. I'm really not good at putting patterns and colors together like that but I know something I like when I see it!
ReplyDeleteWell, if I may say so, I think that's what it's all about -- putting together (or identifying) what you like. That's identity. And I think it's easier today than when Chris and I were growing up. There were rules to be obeyed -- pink did not go with orange, for instance, plaids and stripes don't mix, and for heaven's sake keep patterns at a minimum.
ReplyDeleteHey, we all seem to be on right now! How fun. Anyway, to answer Hallie question, it was not a kit. I bought the pattern at least six years ago, and just this spring, dug it out and decided the time had come. I took the pattern to work with me one day and started searching for fabric. The picture on the pattern showed it in dark green, white, and two shades of red--I probably was drawn to the pattern in the first place because of those colors as they're *my* colors for the house. We had two lines of Red Rooster (brand) fabrics that blended well together and ended up using two from one line and two from the other. I had plenty of time to look and play, and I think that helped.
ReplyDeleteAnd Kathy, you're correct--it's much easier to pick today because the rules have flown out the window! However, I do tend to be pretty traditional.
I'm almost done handstitching the binding to the back and I'll post a picture when I'm done.
Oh, and Kathy--I'm not so sure we're "young grandparents", but we are so glad to be so close and to be able to spend time with them. I'll tell you what--Daniel is helping firm up my arms as I tote him around!!! And that's a good thing, too. :-)
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a cute little weight to lift. I'm stuck with dumbbells.
ReplyDeleteNiece Mary once showed me a picture of a room she just loved -- plaids, stripes, and florals of the same color family in the same room. I pointed out the mix of patterns, and she said, "But I love the look of this room." I agreed with her but explained that I just didn't have the confidence to do it. (Besides, I think it was a large room which probably made a difference.)