Friday, May 27, 2011

A Finish

I finished the binding of the quilt I showed a post or two back and I'm so happy with it! This is a happy quilt and it makes me smile every time I look at it. With all the dark, story weather we've been having, I think I'll toss it over the bedspread on our bed and at least something will look springy!

As I mentioned in the other post, I didn't have any fabric to use for borders so I took the pieced top to the shop and auditioned different fabrics by laying the quilt out on the back tables and slipping possibilities under it. The green check was perfect as a small inner border and binding, and then the bigger print, part of Moda's Martinique line, seemed to tie in well to the pieced fabrics. I was very fortunate to find what turned out to be perfect fabrics.

I'm heading down to finish some laundry, and then I'm going to my sewing room to decide on a new project. Endless possibilities! :-)

6 comments:

  1. What typo?

    The quilt is lovely. Good job! I'm anxious to hear what you decided on for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The typo was in the title--I forgot the i after the F and when Ann pointed it out, I fixed it. That's why you didn't see it.

    Thanks for liking my new quilt. I did put it on our bed and I love how it looks. I'm working on my new project and I'll post about it in a day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! You did find a good border--I love the pattern on that fabric. Do you often end up with fabric scraps from your projects? At what point is a scrap too small?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you like it, Hallie. I love that fabric, too, and just might have to buy some more for my stash. :-) I do save all my scraps, even if they are just inches, because I can use them as part of an applique if for nothing else. There are lots of patterns for scrap quilts (think old timey) and one of these days I plan to make one.

    ReplyDelete