Today an amazing thing happened: it was sunny and it was warm. We finally had a spring-like day and it was truly wonderful! We've had no snow for over a week, I had some windows open a few inches, and I barbecued!!
The chicken tasted so good, and I made a pasta salad with a vinaigrette dressing and a tossed green salad. I love barbecue season. When you clear the table, that's all there is--the stove is clean and so are the counters if you made the salads earlier.
On the sewing front, all I've done recently is to quilt a top a local group of kindergartners made. A friend of mine goes into the classroom and helps the little ones make their blocks, then she joins them into a top. I quilted one for them last year and was happy to do it again this year. The class will now decide upon a worthy recipient and give it away.
It's an alphabet quilt--pretty cute, huh?
I've been working quite a bit at the quilt shop due to one regular's broken leg and the knee replacement surgery of another's husband. I've enjoyed it, but I think my run is over for now and I'm looking forward to getting back into my sewing room.
UPDATE: After I wrote the above, I was enjoying hearing the sounds of the neighbor's lawnmower and thinking of balmy summer evenings with the smell of new mown grass in the cooling air. Ahhh, spring and summer. Now (10:45) it's blowing and beginning to rain, and according to Weather.com, it will remain like this for awhile. Goodbye spring--you were certainly short!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm very impressed with the quilt those kids made. Very cute!
ReplyDeleteI had a mini-road trip for work on Thursday and enjoyed a very nice drive in the sun. It's amazing how that sunshine wakes up the soul. It makes me think, "Have we been in hibernation all this time?"
Here in the valley, I opened the windows and the sliding door wide to air the house. I also put a few more seeds in the ground.
ReplyDeleteYes, barbecue season is great! And since Mike does my barbecuing it's especially nice.
Hallie, I love your comment that sunshine wakes up the soul. This year it's true for sure!! I do think I've been in hibernation.
ReplyDeleteKathy, we had a nice day yesterday and today, although the wind was quite strong today. I had the slider open just a few inches, and when I closed it, I noticed lots of dust on the dining room table and on the window sill. Still, the fresh air was worth it.
Dan used to barbecue back in the days before our gas grill, but he often got home so late, I begged for the gas grill so I could go ahead and cook dinner without waiting for him and then for the coals to get "just right."