Monday, May 16, 2011

Did I Say Spring?

I slept in this morning.  Until 8:30, and it's a good thing I did, because I didn't see it snow which would have been quite disheartening.  Oh, it was wet when I got up, but it was pouring by then.  The rain has stopped now, and even a little sun is out, so I was able to capture this picture of the mountain sporting its new coating.


I'm reminded of 2008 when the last time it snowed was the Monday after school got out--June 10th. We got up to discover over an inch of snow that day, and all we could do was laugh. Imagine: the first day of summer vacation and it snowed!! Global warming doesn't seem to be much of a reality around here.

Meanwhile, as Kathy pointed out in her comment, my original post on spring did indeed return. How strange! The way things are looking, it'll be a while before I barbecue again, so I'm going to need to look at that picture every now and then.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least your tulips know it's spring. Wasn't the day before just beautiful? We had a gorgeous Saturday followed by a rainy Saturday evening and a crummy Sunday.

    What has Uncle Dan been up to these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Dan gearing up for his busy season. From now through the end of July he's participating in lots of forestry workshops and a woods tour for teachers. Right now he's trying to get a few things done around here before he has no time to work. (I'm "quietly" trying to "encourage" him without nagging!) I know he loves what he does and I'm glad he gets to continue with his forestry work. I just need to quit watching HGTV!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete