Monday, May 23, 2011

And They're Gone!

My sweetie was my hero today.  Remember the apple tree and the shrub I mentioned in a previous post?  They are no more!  I happened to wander into the dining room this afternoon and looked out the window to see this:


The tree was very old, scraggly, and produced five wormy apples a year. It was a pain to mow around, and had no redeeming qualities.

He hauled most of the debris to the recycling center (we gave the big pieces to our neighbor who has a smoker), and later when I went to admire my new view, I saw this just below me:


Oh boy!! He was going to take out the world's ugliest shrub, too!! (Note the area to the left of the front bumper--that's where the apple tree had been--didn't he do a great job?)

And here's the final result of the shrub removal:


The stump and roots are gone and you'd never know that shrub had been there just an hour before. Our yard looks so neat and tidy now--I love it!! And Dan? He's having a nice warm soak in the tub as I type. :-)


Love that man!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful man! (I have one here, too, and sometimes a couple of great kids.) We have old apple trees on the farm and I have cherished the idea of renovating them. However, sometimes it's best just to move on. We might have a more interesting yard if ease of mowing weren't our first consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wish I was more of a yard person. But I'm not, and that's the simple fact. I'd rather spend time baking, sewing, or even cleaning out a drawer or cupboard. Dan *loves* being outdoors and so he does the work when he has the time. The issue being when he has the time, so we are often in a state of being on the ragged edge an untidy yard. When it's mowed and edged, I love it, when it's not, I think of condo life!!! However, in the scheme of things... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, if I had known I would have admired it when I was there today!

    ReplyDelete