(Yes, I know, after weeks of no posts, here I am for the second day in a row!! Go figure...)
For those of you who know me well, it will come as no surprise that shoes are sort of an obsession with me. I can wear jeans every day of the month (and yes, I wear jeans to church), but I must have cute shoes. As I get older, finding comfortable cute shoes has become somewhat of a challenge, but I persevere!
Recently I got a catalog in the mail from a company unfamiliar to me. It was for clothes, but had some shoes, too. I must tell you that I judge the quality of the clothes in a catalog by the quality of the shoes also offered. As I turned the pages, a pair of shoes leaped off the page at me. Cute!! Cute, cute, cute!! And I was familiar the the brand, Rieker, and know them to be quality. But alas, the shoes were not inexpensive.
I showed the picture to Dan and he told me to order them. But the price... So, intrepid internet shopper that I am, I began my search for the same shoes for less money. I found them on Zappos for $15 less and free shipping. Score!! I ordered the Tuesday before Easter in the evening, and Zappos sent me an email on Wednesday upgrading me to two-day delivery, again for no charge. On Friday morning, the UPS man arrived and delivered my package. I tried them on, and I've been in shoe heaven ever since. Cute? Check! Comfy? Check! My left knee had been bothering me and it's returned to normal. Double check!
And a closeup:
Dan once gave me a coaster that says, "If the shoe fits, buy it in every color!" In this case, I have. They only come in this color. I may have to buy another pair anyway. (If only they came in faded red or faded navy!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fabulous! I love that they have the strap that comes across the ankle--not only does it set them apart from a lot of other shoes, but I'm sure it helps keep them securely on. I'm a sneaker girl, myself. I wear heels to work, though, and a comfortable shoe is a NECESSITY. I agree that those would be awesome in red!
ReplyDeleteThis pigeon-toed girl was raised barefooted to strengthen the arch -- or something -- and to this day I wear shoes out of necessity. I would as soon be barefooted. And I don't have good luck when I order. I really need to try them on. But hey! It works for you and those ARE cute shoes. And I agree -- if those shoes are comfortable, get another pair.
ReplyDeleteI've worn these shoes every day since I got them, so I probably should buy another pair! I was trying to come up with the right descripter for how I feel wearing them and Dan nailed it: I feel sure-footed in them. And cute. :-)
ReplyDelete