Friday, April 29, 2011

Back Again!

I know. I've been very "missing". Do you ever have those times when you just don't have any thing to say? That's been me. The weather has been crazy. Rain and snow. Snow you say? Yes, it snowed again today. Spring seems to be missing this year, too. I've been busy: cooking, baking, and doing all the usual chores at home; working at the shop; making meals for more families of new babies; attending a new Bible study; helping with the Seder at church again this year. I've even pieced another quilt top. Just haven't felt wordy. Or even computery. But I think I'm back.

Amazingly, we had lovely weather last Sunday for Easter. We had a full table for our usual "picnic" (in quotes because as usual, we ate indoors) with family members totaling eleven and ages from eighty-eight to three months. In addition to two of Bruder Bear's offspring, Kirsten and JR, we had a cousin of theirs (sister-in-law Karen's niece, Emma) which made it perfect for having a kickball game after dinner to keep Cameron and Keaton from being totally bored. A good time was had by all and I think the score was tied.

Here's a picture of Great Papa with his newest great-grandson, Daniel:


And one of Gigi, who adores babies, snuggling him:


And finally, one of our "cool little dude" (Mom's glasses courtesy of one of his big brothers) ready to head for home after a great day. (It's hard work being the star!)

And now I'm off to watch a recap of the royal wedding, and a little later, Blue Bloods with the irresistible Tom Selleck. :-)  And thanks, faithful readers, for sticking with me!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're back. :) Yes, I know what it's like to not feel wordy. I don't have a blog, but there are times that I just don't have as much to say via email. At any rate, I'm glad that you've been doing good things and I'm so happy that you've posted baby photos! Don't worry--you won't lose a faithful reader in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've checked here twice every day but still missed the great return. No matter -- Hallie wrote to say "Aunt Chris is Back!" The pictures are great. And I'm sure you're right: it's hard work being a star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Hallie and Kathy! I actually feels good to be back. As you said, Kathy, the muse did return. :-)

    I'm glad you both like the pictures. I think that's one of the reasons I didn't write--I didn't have any pictures to include as I was just doing mundane chores and would forget to take my camera when I was over at Ann's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't illustrate my posts at all until you, Chris, demanded (politely, of course) a picture of my sewing room. As a result I learned to post pictures and then to scan other materials. It does make a difference in how I think about posting.

    Those pictures with great-grandparents -- and grandparents, too -- are invaluable. I wish we had done more of that in our family.

    ReplyDelete