Saturday, March 19, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

I just finished my latest project. It's a play quilt for my niece Jennifer's new little guy, Grant. By play quilt, I mean it's meant to be used; it's not an heirloom. It's quite bright, but should work well for picnics at the park, trips to the beach, and as a mat on the floor. I hope he likes it!


The pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs. And Jennifer, if you happen to read this, I hope to have it in the mail on Monday! :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Such a useful gift. I'd have to be sentimental about it whether or not it was meant to be an heirloom.

    I found an Atkinson Design I just love -- had to buy it -- my first purchased pattern -- Foursquare Farmhouse. It spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful play quilt. Have you ever made one with a water proof under side? A friend of mine had a picnic blanket with a soft upper and a water proof under that was perfect for the usually damp Seattle ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathy and Hallie. It was fun to make, and Jenny said they love it. They live in Louisiana, so damp ground isn't a problem there. Your idea, Hallie, is an interesting one though! I'll have to think about it.

    Kathy, I looked up your Foursquare pattern and it looks good. I like her patterns. Her instructions are good and well thought out.

    Now to (hopefully!) get back in my sewing room tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aunt Chris,

    I've been missing your blogs. I hope you are busy doing all of the things you enjoy. I'll bet the new grandbaby is getting big!

    Best,
    Hallie

    ReplyDelete