So, it was a few weeks after Valentine's Day and I was looking through fabric in my sewing room when it hit me: I had purchased some charm squares last year around Valentine's Day with the plan to make a table runner for this year. Yes, the holiday that had just passed. Hmmm...
I decided that it was better late than never, so I searched until I found the charm squares, and then hemmed and hawed until I finally decided on a plan. I would make the runner using the disappearing nine-patch.
After the usual agonizing over which squares to put where, I threw caution to the wind and just stitched. And sliced. And reassembled. Here's the finished product:
I'm rather pleased. (And ready for next year!) For an excellent tutorial on the disappearing nine-patch, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OOOOOOO! I am so impressed. Not only did you remember purchasing the charm squares but you found them! And you even embedded a link in your post!
ReplyDeleteThe runner is very pretty. When you put it away, remember its location.
I love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kathy and Hallie. I won't forget where it put it as I have a shelf where I keep all my runners. I roll them up so they won't get creases in them and then pile the rolls in the corner. Works perfectly. :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, it was pretty amazing that I did remember (but late!) and then find those charm squares. A little miracle.