Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Too Much Fun

I didn't mean to be gone this long, but when the choice was stitch or blog, well, you know what won out.

I gave you a sneak peek on Saturday and I've been working on the project whenever I've had time since then. Here's the story. The local Bernina shop started a block of the month a year ago in January, but since I was teaching, I paid no attention. The series was called "Be a Star" and each month's star block was offered in three designer choices: Amy Butler, Kaffe Fassett, and Buggy Barn. Long about June, when I retired, I started noticing the completed blocks on the design wall of the shop, and those Buggy Barn blocks started calling my name. When the program ended at the end of the year, I asked the shop to let me know if there were any complete sets of the Buggy Barn blocks left. They called last week and said they had one for me!!

Here are the seven blocks I've completed:



The fabrics are In the Pink II. Since the colors are mainly pink and red, my plan is to have the entire quilt completed by Valentine's Day. This project is really making me smile. :-) And now I'm off to work on another block. Hope you're making time for some stitching, too! (That is, if you sew!)

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love it, those colors speak to me too! I can't wait to see the finishing kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it
    I love it
    I love it
    What a BIG project to complete by "V" day. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Chris, and obviously going together well. I admit, though -- I don't know how "block of the month" works.

    ReplyDelete