Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

Whew, what a busy week it has been! I finally decided that having the BOM quilt completed by Valentine's Day just wasn't going to happen and that it was okay. The top was all pieced, but I just didn't have the time to get it quilted. I ended up working at the quilt shop for a day and a half, and then of course, there's the laundry, meals, etc., etc. Life just keeps on truckin'. :-)

I got the quilt loaded yesterday and a few passes completed before I had to head up to the kitchen to make cookies and get dinner on. I'm back at it today and should be able to finish up.

Here's a look after some work today.


I'm so thankful to have my Handi-Quilter!

4 comments:

  1. I can see that the quilt is coming along beautifully. I occasionally have to adjust my plans, too, according to what comes up. In fact, I finished an afghan for a young friend the other day and then found I couldn't get it to her for another month. I wasn't happy with the edging, so I ripped it back and am doing it again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful top Chris! I can't wait to see it all finished. Amen to the HQ16, SOOOO much better than trying to quilt on a sewing machine!

    Did you notice how perfectly your quilt matches your blog theme? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life happens, doesn't it? Sometimes Life just gets in our way...LOL

    But, you're so right, being able to leave a quilt loaded for as long as necessary is such a convenience. I had to leave Sunday Best loaded for two days before I could back to it today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, ripping is okay--remember my little quilt top that got reworked. :-) You'll be happier with the afghan now, and remember, patience is a virtue! LOL (Easier learned now that I'm older and am learning to say c'est la vie.)

    ReplyDelete