I didn't have the original blocks to look at when I was making these, and I just went with the block design, but I think the bottom left and bottom center just aren't right. Too much white in the left, and the center block is the one I made the boo boo on. The pink arrows are angled the wrong way (I think I suffer from pattern dyslexia sometimes), and the star is lost in the X the dark squares make.
Comments appreciated as I'm through for today. Some things are best slept on, right? I do have plenty of leftover fabric so making new blocks will not be a problem. Except that bottom center block has forty-gazillion pieces...
I'm almost afraid to say because I'm not quilt savvy, but my impression from the photo is that somehow the lower half appears lighter than the upper half. I'd just move the blocks around until I find the arrangement that pleases me. As to "boo boos," I would never know. It's just how you feel about it. It's really very pretty. I can see why it called your name.
ReplyDeleteI think it looks terrific, except for the block in the lower left corner, as you noted. Too much white, it looks out of place. Otherwise, just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI think it's so pretty, Chris. I do agree about the bottom left - "too white". When enlarging the photo, my favorite block is the one right above the block I'm talking about - where the center appears as an octogon. I just love that block!!
ReplyDelete