Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Continuing On!

It's been my birthday today and it's a number I thought wouldn't arrive for at least a hundred years when I was younger.  (Just try to figure that math out!!)  But, when I woke up and was finally coherent (I'm so not a morning person), I was thankful to arrive at this age. And as I told my brother when he called, I certainly didn't think Dad was old when he was this age, so I must not be, either!  

At any rate, we've had a lovely quiet day here at the resort.  The latest Rhys Bowen "Georgie" book was released today and it was delivered by the UPS man this morning. They're always great fun--the series is called Her Royal Spyness.  

I'm still working away on that Christmas quilt and just have to stitch around the words and join the last two sections to have the top finished.  How to quilt it?  That will definitely take some pondering.  

We had Daniel overnight Sunday night and all day yesterday.  It's become a tradition to have him stay over the night before Ann has to start back to work as a teacher.  It's so much fun to have him.  I gave him choices for breakfast and he picked coffee cake. I was astounded to watch him wolf down three pieces in short order.  Makes a Grammy happy!

He loves boxes and often turns them into all kinds of creations.  We had one for him in the garage and he slipped his legs inside to turn it into an instant desk as he played a game on his tablet.


So blessed to have such a wonderful family! And to have had another wonderful year to spend with them all!  

4 comments:

  1. I just happened by here at 10:36pm on the 4th. Happy birthday! And guess what? It's my half-year birthday! We shall be celebrating together in spirit. Did you have a special meal or perhaps a dessert? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prepared to be underwhelmed, Hallie! We had a Papa Murphy's BBQ chicken pizza! With so many restaurants still closed here, or only doing take-out, pizza was the perfect option and boy was it good!! I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. We should not think too much about age, and we should go forward doing what we like to do. I agree that my present stage of life seemed "way off" for many of my earlier decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I definitely agree with going forward doing what we like to do! I'm thankful I'm able to do just that.

      Delete