Thursday, July 30, 2020

Time Out for a Little Cooking

I'm almost embarrassed by that title, because for much of this week I've just not been in the mood to cook, but I did have one great success with a new recipe.  

We have friends who have a Christmas Tree farm and a few years ago they began planting blueberries for a summer crop.  Annette texted me last Friday to say the blueberries were finally ripe and I elected to let her pick and deliver vs. driving out and picking myself.  She delivered the berries Sunday and Monday I tried a new recipe I'd printed out recently for Homemade Blueberry Sauce.  It comes from My Baking Addiction's website and can be found here.  It was very simple to make and is very delicious!  

Tuesday morning I made a Dutch Baby and added the sauce to the top after taking it out of the oven.  I usually top it with canned apple pie filling which we love, but Dan was raving about how good this new sauce was.  


Today I added a good dollop to my homemade yogurt and it, too, was a winner.  Breakfast tomorrow?  Another Dutch Baby!  ♥

2 comments:

  1. I started to comment here the other day and was interrupted. I've never made a dutch baby, but last year I discovered apple blueberry pie on the Pillsbury website, and we loved it. Apples and blueberries are a good combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I've sent you the Dutch Baby recipe, I'll be waiting to hear if you gave it a try. (No pressure!)

      Delete