Yes, people, Keaton did get to have a real graduation ceremony! We kind of held our breaths, but it took place Saturday night with many concessions to the times, and all graduates got their moment and their diplomas.
Only family members were allowed to attend and had to wear masks. Each family had a separate seating area that was marked out, included plenty of space to spread out, and was in the balcony, so we were well distanced from the students! The students, of course, wore their masks as well as their graduation gowns and caps. One of the moms found masks featuring fabric that said Class of 2020 and bought masks for the entire class!
Keaton was valedictorian and did a great job giving his speech (he got to take his mask off as there was no one close by).
![]() |
| All masked up and ready to graduate! |
![]() |
| Diploma in hand! |
![]() |
| Masked and socially distancing. Such strange times. . . |
The ceremony was video taped and shown live on Facebook and YouTube so friends and far away family could watch and the parents were able to arrange a wonderful outdoor party following that was really fun, complete with tiki torches!!
And here is one last fun photo--a bunch of neighborhood moms got together and ordered these shirts for their grads to commemorate this crazy graduation year (note the mask on the O in Senior).
And that's the way it is in 2020!! ♥




Congratulations to Keaton and his family!
ReplyDeleteI read an FB post where a senior cried because of all they were going to miss. I didn't comment, but I felt that innovation could make it a memorable year for these graduates. Personally, I think it's time for a few changes, but I'm careful where I say that.
I do know some of the girls cried because they were missing end of year things that were curriculum based like Readers' Theatre. They did get to have their "formal", albeit in a different way last month.
Delete