Monday, June 29, 2020

Etcetera

The last two weeks have vanished in a blink.  What have I done, I ask myself.  Good question! Reading, of course.  Having that Kindle app and taking advantage of two free months of Kindle Unlimited has made me like a kid in a candy store!  One book was very different and also thought provoking given these times.  The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson is an historical novel based on real events.  

I've finally had to make a mask or two.  Most of Dan's consulting work involves workshops and field trips and most have been cancelled due to the virus, but one is taking place this week with all kinds of precautions.  He will need a mask as he teaches so I bit the bullet and made him two out of tan fabric with pine needles on it. Suitable, I thought!  

The weather has been all over the place,  Cold, wet and dreary, hot, sunny and necessitating turning on the AC, and now back to overcast and wet.  Lots of thunder and lightning, too.  As we tell each other, it's still June! Truthfully, given the current events politically and healthwise, I'm hoping for a cool summer to help keep people calm.  

The baby shower was fun and the mom-to-be loved the bibs.  I'm thinking of making some more this week before I forget how cute these turned out.  I also have a friend who became a grandma for the first time that I want to send some bibs to.  She can keep them at her house or send them on but either way, I thought she'd have fun opening the package.  

This cool weather has been wonderful for the flower pots and the garden.  Here's the view from my front entryway.


And here's a cute one of Daniel and his friend Crosby at their swimming lessons last winter.  Here's hoping they can soon hit the water once again.  


Happy summer!  ♥

4 comments:

  1. Do you sit in that chair at your entry and watch nature go by? Yes, the weather has been strange, as well as the world in general.

    Good for you for taking advantage of a Kindle membership and doing some reading. The days do seem to melt away. Just think -- it's nearly July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do sit on that chair, often in the evenings, just listening to summer sounds. And it rocks. :-)

      Delete
  2. Is there a place for Dan to sit, too?

    I avoid sitting outdoors, especially in the evenings, because the mosquitoes eat me alive, and the bites are agony. They don't bother Mike at all, but they love me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have mosquitos in June, but once the weather turns hot in July (like now!), we don't usually have any. When Dan and I both sit out, we use the deck/porch off the dining room. We call it our treehouse because the left side is sided by one of our box elders so we're pretty much out of sight except for the view to the front.

      Delete