Monday, June 15, 2020

Feathered Friends

Since we live on the edge of town, actually in the county rather than inside the city limits. we get our share of wildlife.  Skunks, elk, moose, and so on.  We also get a lot of birds.  The quail make me laugh as they run in groups, always with one far in the rear.  The pheasants are gorgeous.  And this year, we've spotted a new duo in our trees.  A pair of owls.  


They are huge!  (And we're ever so glad we don't have a cat anymore!)  They seem to like our poplar trees.  


Hoot, hoot!  Look at that wise old owl!!  ♥


6 comments:

  1. What a great picture! Interesting that the owl let you take it. Yes, the quail are so full of personality. We see a few here, but there are many quail families at our "town" place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't seem to mind people around. We are down on the ground and they're high up in the trees.

      Delete
  2. Lucky you ! I grew up a city girl and have only seen a quail once in my life. It was in captivity. There is much to be said living outside of the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish for the best of both worlds. I enjoy the city for the activity, restaurants, and job opportunity, but I do miss the quietude of the country. You need a vacation long enough to see baby quail in the wild. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! So neat. I was surprised to see owls on my run because I thought they were nocturnal; I guess they could have been asleep. Apparently there’s a bit of a war between the owls and the crows. Crows don’t keep many friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see them during the day, too. We saw some birds harassing one owl, they weren't crows, and one actually flew right into the owl's head and then flew off!! The owl just went right on sitting on the tree limb. I couldn't believe it!

      Delete