Wednesday, June 10, 2020

And In the Sewing Room . . .

. . . disaster reigns!!  I started to do a major sort and clean a week or so ago, but then I remembered that I needed to make bibs for an upcoming baby shower.  This couple has decided not to find out what they're having beforehand and I realized that the few bibs I had left in my stash were definitely boy or girl.  As in pink and frilly or blue and all boy.  It's been a long time since I went to a shower where the gender was unknown.  

I pondered designs.  I ransacked my stash of flannel--which ran to mostly pinks and blues.  Hmmm. . .  An already messy sewing room began to look as if a tornado had struck.  

 




I usually start my bib making by cutting a bunch of bib shaped blanks, and so I began.


The grey polka dot and the red polka dot seemed to be good choice for neutral bibs, and I began with the grey. I decided on a lamb theme and began with a Debbie Mumm design from her Baby Oh Baby design set.  



I have about six bibs done now, and plan to keep on stitching until I have a nice pile of them again.  So. Much. Fun!! ♥

2 comments:

  1. How adorable! A good choice for neutral, non-gender-specific, unisex bibs. (I should give you my blanks because I don't know people having babies and probably never will.)

    And boy! Do I know about that tornado! Sometimes it's hard to recover from it. I wish I didn't have to be quite so specific in filing my fabric, but I think I'll stick with the system as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby showers are a constant in my life, and I love going to them and seeing all the sweet little items.

      My room hasn't improved. Yesterday was busy for other reasons so I didn't get any more stitching done. Hopefully today!

      Delete