Hey, I'm actually back with the scoop on my quilting project. It's a kit I purchased sometime in the last year from Craftsy/Bluprint. A Christmas quilt, like I need another Christmas quilt; but somehow, I just can't stop myself.
{Side note: Craftsy has been around for a while and sometime in the last few years was bought out and the name was changed to Bluprint. Everything stayed pretty much the same until this spring when it was announced that Bluprint was closing. The thing that got so many people riled was that part of C/B, a BIG part, was video classes that once purchased were available to view by the purchaser forever. There was much grumbling and dissatisfaction, especially by those who had just purchased new classes. I recently received an email that Bluprint has been purchased (rescued?) and will continue.}
But I digress. Back to my project. As mentioned yesterday, it has a lot of pieces. A LOT. So I backed off from my cutting and began assembly with parts I had.
The house is the center of the quilt. Next up were applique trees. I actually had some Heat and Bond in my stash so I drew out the shapes and ironed them on the fabrics, cut and ironed again. Voila! Trees!
Now I'm back to cutting, cutting, cutting. Here's a picture of the pattern showing the whole quilt.
See those stars? The checkerboard? The flying geese? The appliqued letters? Yup, lots of cutting coming right up! ♥
Oh! Thanks for showing your work in progress. It IS a lot of cutting but seems very worth it. I think it's a nice winter quilt -- a segue from fall to spring.
ReplyDeleteDid you realize that the kit would involve a lot of cutting when you bought it? Do you mind cutting?
I knew about Craftsy but have never used it. I didn't know about Craftsy/Blueprint or the ensuing problems. Is it Craftsy that JoAnn's promotes?
No, I didn't realize how very many pieces were involved in this quilt. I just liked the looks of it so I ordered. Ah well! It's kind of a challenge, like the Snowy Day quilt, so I'm just enjoying the process and puttering my way along.
Delete