This week started out with a fun evening on Monday. It was my belated birthday party! Dan and Ann finally found a time when all the local family could get together so we celebrated with pizza and cake. We had such a good time! If I don't make our pizza (and who does for their own birthday party?), we get Papa Murphy's. Our gang of boys love the 5-meat stuffed pizza so we had one of those and then our usual "chick" pizza with the addition of sausage to keep those boys happy. Dan bought me a beautiful cake and we ended with it and ice cream. Mmmm...
At this stage of our lives Dan and I rarely buy one another a birthday present because there's not much we don't already have. He won my heart by buying me a box of Hostess Orange Cupcakes which are my guilty pleasure.
Ann got me a bag of goodies from the stationery department--flower post-it notes, and another package of colorful ones, a beautiful journal and a pack of gorgeous felt-tip pens. So much fun!!
I love, love, love colorful pens! I've started on the journal and used two colors so far. The journal cover says "grand plans", and as I wrote, I don't really have any besides knitting, stitching and spending time with my family. Enough and more!
Meanwhile, the week was a scorcher! After moderate weather most of the summer, true August arrived this week.
Not quite as hot as the day I was born which Mom said was 109°. And in an unairconditioned hospital. I've disliked hot weather ever since. ♥


No comments:
Post a Comment