Monday, November 5, 2018

Taking a Little Pause. . .

. . . from cleaning sinks.  Such a rewarding job when done, but not so much fun when doing.  I am grateful for nice scrubby sponges and good cleaning supplies!

I didn't mean to be gone for this many days, but last week was busy, and coupled with the remains of my cold, I just didn't get back here.  This week looks to be much quieter and that's good.  Cleaning needs to continue!!

I took the Thanks banner to our pastor's wife yesterday and she loved it.  Just was so excited and actually jumped up and down clutching it and hugging me.  So glad I did it.  I also made another kitchen towel for the friends who have a Christmas tree farm using a design from Embroidery Library.  It seemed appropriate and a nice thank you for the pumpkins they gave us. These towels are kind of addictive!


Well, I think I hear the kitchen sink calling my name so I'd better get back to work! ♥

4 comments:

  1. I saw that tree farm design. How nice to give it as a gift! It's so rewarding to make someone happy.

    I'm getting ready to settle down for some lace embroidery. I figure I can stuff an envelope with lace items and mail it overseas fairly economically. And I know it will make people very happy.

    I've always used a brush at my sink, but while serving dessert in the home of a friend, I noticed her sponge on a handle and saw how useful that could be, so I bought myself one. Now I clean my kitchen sink regularly. So easy! Who knew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to make unexpected gifts for people and of course that makes it more fun! How's your lace making going?

      Delete
  2. I had a meeting Tuesday afternoon, and that always takes all day. I spent yesterday with sister Joni, who no longer drives herself to town. Maybe today I'll start stitching the ornaments, but first, I have to get dressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for getting dressed!! I always give myself points for that. And brushing my teeth! And making the bed! Some days you gotta get those points where you can. ♥

      Delete