Friday, November 30, 2018

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!


Snow is lightly falling and I need to put some Christmas music on.  I am using a Christmas mug for the first time today.  

So, outside is not the only place where it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  My sewing room has taken on a life of its own and I'm not certain if it's ever been such a mess.  


I think every surface is covered.


Thread, stabilizer, fabric, patterns, and other things (including a coffee cup from several days ago!) are everywhere!  There are projects in various states of completion including this one:


I go to a ladies bible study on Tuesday mornings at 9:30, and since a morning person I am not, even that time seems early to me.  When I get there, I always realize I haven't taken time to put on hand lotion, so I get out the tube in my purse.  It seems rude not to offer it to the others, so I always do. My tube was almost empty last time, so I thought it would be fun to give each of the ladies a little stocking with a small tube of the same lotion.  Couldn't find a small tube, but found the cute little bottle shown in the picture and it fits perfectly in the stocking.  

Another project has been some in-the-hoop felt ornaments to add to packages and gifts for family friends.  These are Nordic inspired ones from Embroidery Library (as are the stockings) and are fun and quick to stitch out.


And I've become enamored of simple tea towels and stitched these out.  



The Jingle is for my kitchen, and the Peppermint one will be part of our friend Tina's family gift--I'm going with a peppermint, red/white theme for the items.  

Ann and Daniel stopped by yesterday late afternoon to pick out a Christmas tree.  Did you know we have a small Christmas tree "farm" here at the Resort?  Just for us and family, and several years ago they were big enough to start using.  When Ann left I gave her a Jingle towel for her kitchen and she loved it.  (Both towel designs are also from Embroidery Library.) So fun to give simple little gifts!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Christmas came here and Mrs. Claus' workshop looks great! My little workshop is in a mess, too, but it usually doens't take too long to make it work-worthy.

    Thanks for this delightful post. It was fun to see your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kath. I'm working on decorating right now, so the sewing room has been abandoned. Oh, and I also need to go to the grocery store, and you know how much time that takes!!

      Delete
  2. A trip anywhere constitutes an interruption and sometimes I just don't get back to whatever. I haven't been in the sewing room for days. Lookin' good at your house.

    ReplyDelete