Yes, people, things have been happening in my sewing room. My last post from there was about a baby quilt and while I pondered starting another, I decided upon a different course of action. About four years ago, I found a project in a Fons and Porter's Quilting Celebrations magazine that I just loved. It was a banner for Thanksgiving that simply said, "Thanks."
I made one and gave it to daughter Ann. She hung it from her mantle and it was perfect in her house. While it was in place, Ann hosted a baby shower at her home and our pastor's wife saw it and loved it. She asked if she could pay me to make one for her. I declined because I hate to sew for pay--I discovered long ago that it takes all the joy and fun out of it. I also need to say that at the time I made Ann's, my embroidery machine was giving me fits and it didn't know if it was the digitizing of the designs or my machine. At any rate, I had no desire to make any more!
Fast forward three years to last year. I decided I would try again. Since I had realized I could hang banners under my dining room window (my fireplace has no mantle), I wanted my own "Thanks." I decided I would stitch on my new (more on this in another post) Brother embroidery machine and see how it liked the digitizing. The answer? It did! I hung my banner and loved its message. **
So, back to this year! I decided to make another banner--a gift for our pastor's wife. I would make one for her because I wanted to and for that reason only. I happily stitched out a pile of letters.
These need to be trimmed and a ribbon inserted and then they will look like this:
I just realized that there were two projects in that particular issue and that I wrote about the other one here. I really like Patrick Lose's projects and predict other embroidery designs will soon be purchased for my stitching fun! And in this link-heavy post, here's a last one--to his designs.
**Note: It was indeed my machine that caused the problems on my first stitching of these designs. A trip to the spa straightened everything out, but still I was a bit "buffaloed" to try it again using any of these designs. After stitching the banner pieces on my Brother machine, I decided enough dilly dallying and stitched out a sunflower hot pad, which it hadn't liked either and it did just fine. Boom! Buffalo slain!
**Note: It was indeed my machine that caused the problems on my first stitching of these designs. A trip to the spa straightened everything out, but still I was a bit "buffaloed" to try it again using any of these designs. After stitching the banner pieces on my Brother machine, I decided enough dilly dallying and stitched out a sunflower hot pad, which it hadn't liked either and it did just fine. Boom! Buffalo slain!
Chris, the Buffalo Slayer!
ReplyDeleteGreat projects! I like the "T-H-A-N-K-S."
I like my Brother embroidery machine, too. Makes my room a little crowded, but as you said at the time we purchased, it's simple to use.
Thanks, Kath, it's a fund project to do. I still need to trim and insert the ribbon. Yes, the Brother machine is indeed simple to use. Thanks for finding it for me!
DeleteMy pleasure!
ReplyDelete