Thursday, July 10, 2014

And in the Sewing Room...

I have some fun coming up!  I stopped by the quilt shop Tuesday and came away with a bag of goodies.  A new Christmas line of fabrics, Through the Winter Woods by Holly Taylor for Moda, had come in along with a book of patterns designed around it.  Swoon!  I was soon happily piling bolts on the counter and clutching the book as I added more to the pile.  Here's what I came home with:


The fabric on the right is a panel of eight wintery landscapes that can be used in a quilt or a wall hanging. I'm thinking the wall hanging as it's much more usable in my house or as a gift.  (There's only so much room for full-size Christmas quilts in one house.)  I bought two-yard cuts of the other fabrics, but I'm thinking I may need to go buy more of the line.  It's been quite a while since I went on a true fabric buying spree and so I feel no guilt.  :-)

I finished another project the other day.  I picked up the latest issue of Patrick Lose's Quilting Celebrations magazine a few weeks ago and just loved the sunflower table mat.  The full pattern was included, but there was a note that a digitized embroidery design (which would greatly simplify the applique) was available for purchase. I decided to order it and made several of the mats.  They are so, so...just right!  Of course, I love sunflowers!


It's been good to be back in my sewing room.  ♥

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! Excellent! Can hardly wait to see what you do with Through the Winter Woods. I like winter designs. They carry right through to spring.

    There's just nothing like seeing the fabric line in a shop to get the full effect of the colors and how they blend as well as the feel of the fabric.

    And that sunflower is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kath. I'm working on laundry today so maybe I'll get going this evening as Dan will be gone until about nine.

      When I picked up the Quilting Celebrations magazine and looked through it I thought of you--it's got lots of Halloween items!

      Delete
  2. Oh yummy, I love those fabrics! A girl can't have too many Christmas quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those fabrics are yummy for sure, CJ, and I sure do love making Christmas things. :-)

      Delete