Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Feelin' Swanky


Swanky:  stylishly luxurious and expensive

Yes, that would be how I'm feeling after my latest embroidery project.  I'm just sorry it took me so long to do it.  What?  What's that you say?  What did I do? Well, I monogrammed our sheets!  Yes, I did, and I love it.  Or them.  Whatever...

I've made many, many machine embroidered pillowcases over the years, starting back with my little Deco 600 sixteen years ago, and I love them.  But lately I've wanted to up the swank, so to speak, and have a set of sheets that spelled (haha!) luxury.  Every time I washed our sheets, as I put them back on the bed, I'd think, "I should monogram these right now," but then I'd decide to wait to a better time.  Turns out yesterday was the day.  


The above picture is of the band on the top sheet, monogrammed in the center.  The letters come from OESD's Sterling Monograms and are absolutely gorgeous!  I resized to fit the sheet band and they stitched out perfectly.  I resized again for stitching on the pillowcase bands and again they stitched out perfectly.


When we bought our first queen mattress about twenty-five years ago, I made a decision to have all cream linens and blankets on our bed.  They seem so restful, and I still just love having everything match.  I'm also a huge fan of tone-on-tone for monograms, so that's what you see.  I do indeed feel swanky!  ♥

6 comments:

  1. You are right! They look great - and so swanky. A nice touch for the resort.

    Tone on tone? So the monogram is a shade of cream as well?

    Mike loves monogramming and I've never gotten into it. (Of course, I still haven't read the embroidery manual.) I tend not to experiment -- play around, re-size, etc. -- so I don't leave my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the monogram is a shade of cream, too. I used Sulky Rayon so the sheen is very evident. The color is 1082 and I emptied many spools of that color over the years.

      We need to have a meet and play with resizing! It's easy and you'll be a pro in no time at all!

      Delete
  2. I love that rayon sheen, but some folks say it doesn't hold up in the laundry. On the other hand, if it's tone on tone, I suppose it doesn't matter. I love those white on white fabric designs, too.

    Oh yes, instruction would be great. Trouble is, I don't practice these techniques for a year or two -- and I forget. But, as long as there won't be a test, it would be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to plan a time -- meet mid-morning (your place?), lunch someplace where they hold the salt and the fat, then a visit to the shop for a fabric fest, back to your place for a recap. We'll have to set a date -- maybe when it's less hot.

      Delete
    2. Yes!! Hot won't matter--we have air and so does everyplace we'd want to visit. Guess the car would be hot when we got in after eating, but it has air, too! (Aren't we blessed?!? I don't think either one of us could have said that in when we were growing up.)

      Delete