Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ahh . . . Vacation!

Bruder Bear and Karen had been asking Ann and family to come for a visit as it had been quite a while since they'd been down.  They worked out a time and we were glad to be able to join them for our annual trip to the Bruder Bear Resort.  Ann and family went to Jackson Hole first and would join us Sunday evening, but Dan and I drove down on Friday, arriving about nine.  A major remodel has been in progress at BB's, and we spent our first minutes seeing what had been done and being amazed at the transformation.  Karen is a fabulous cook and she now has a beautiful kitchen worthy of her efforts.  The rest of the evening was spent in a wonderful visit, catching up with one another.   

Dan and John spent much of Saturday working on one of the jet skis and the jet boat.  Both turned out to be fairly easy fixes--a stick in the intake of the jet boat and a new spark plug needed for the jet ski.  Sunday afternoon we enjoyed a boat trip up the Snake River to the dam, arriving back in time to welcome Ann, Eric, Cameron, Keaton and Daniel.  Sunday was also Dan's birthday, so dinner that night was barbecued ribs with all the trimmings courtesy of Karen and a Poor Man's Cake I had baked earlier that day.  It was a splendid birthday party! We were just sorry John had to fly to Nashville early the next morning.

The jet skis were, of course a hit with everyone. (Except me--they look like fun but there's no way I'm going on a rocking and rolling machine with my balance issues.  I was doing good to get on the boat although I was fine once I was on.  The getting on?  Not so cute.)  Cameron was soon zipping all over, Keaton was content to drive as long as someone rode with him, and Daniel was up for riding with anyone who would take him!  I forgot to take my camera when I was down at the dock so the following were taken from the deck at the house on zoom:

Keaton and Eric on the left, Ann and Cameron on the right

Ann and Cameron coming in to the dock

Part of the remodel included expanding the deck and adding a roof over half of it, making a wonderful outdoor room.  We made good use of it from the time we got up (coffee overlooking the river) until it got dark.  

Ann enjoying some of Dan's birthday cake

Cameron enjoying a relaxing moment

Daniel playing on Papa Dan's iPad

The lovely view
An evening game of ladder ball

What a wonderful time we all had!  Spending time with family is just the best gift of all.  How blessed we are!  ♥

2 comments:

  1. How big those boys are getting -- all three of them! It looks like a wonderful vacation.

    And yes, we are blessed that God places us in families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kath, they are growing! Two of the three are bigger than me. And Daniel is tall for his age, so he'll be catching up with me before I know it! (I know it'll be a few years, but time goes so quickly anymore!!)

    ReplyDelete