Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ponderings from My Sewing Room

There's an old story floating around about a little boy with very few toys. He did, however, have two matchbox cars which he loved and played with daily.  A grownup friend's heart went out to this little boy and as she spread the word, many people bought additional cars for her to give to him.  A while later, on a visit, she noticed that he wasn't playing with any of them.  When she asked why, he replied that he didn't know how to love that many!

That story came to my mind this week as I studied the new fabric and quilt book I picked up last week. The book had so many patterns that I loved, I was almost overwhelmed trying to decide which to make first. I had enough fabric to choose almost any one of them. Yesterday afternoon I went to my sewing room and sternly told myself to make a decision.  And I did!  I had a fun time sewing this little wall hanging:


I love how the scenes from the panel fabric are framed as if seen through a window.  Now I just have to decide how to quilt it!!  Ack!  More decisions!!  ♥

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A good choice. You're going to enjoy that little wallhanging.

    I'd never heard that story, but I think it's so true. I also have trouble with a wide field of choices. But I prefer having choices to not having any choice at all.

    You might have to get more fabric so that you can make more choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. And I do think I need to buy some more of this fabric, even if it only goes into the stash for a while. The colors are perfect for me. And I do plan to make several more things from the book. :-).

      Delete
    2. Absolutely -- if you love that fabric, then get more so that you can fully enjoy making the things in that book. After all, it will coordinate your home dec.

      I've attempt to spend my fabric money for what I truly love, and my most recent love is "Halloween Masquerade" by Amy Barickman for Red Rooster. I'm finishing a wallhanging from a kit, and now I've purchased enough fabric to make a quilt. That line is several years old and disappearing quickly, but I managed to find it online -- and on sale.

      Delete
    3. Good for you for buying more and getting it on sale! Happy stitching!

      Delete