As anyone who has been reading my blog for a while knows, I love fall. These last few days have been almost perfect: sunshine, barely seventy degrees, and calm.
Each afternoon I've gone out to our deck with some reading, plunked myself down in my newly painted rocking chair, propped my feet up on the footstool, and settled in for a lovely time of relaxation. The leaves are starting to fall from the row of poplars, turning the grass below golden. The smoke is still noticeable if you look for it, but we can now see the sky and the hills. It's so peaceful and serene out there, and knowing that the days of enjoyment are dwindling as the seasons move on, it's made all the sweeter.
Here's the view from my chair today:
We are so blessed to have this house!
Meanwhile, there has been some activity in my sewing room on the fall quilt. I'll have a new post on that soon. It seems the older I get, the slower I get, especially if there's decision making involved. It's a certainty that if I was paid by the hour for my sewing, no one could afford me! I've been asked to sew for others at different times, but I've always known that it would take all the joy of out something I truly love, so I've said, "No," and been grateful for the luxury of being to do that.
And now I'll leave you with a picture of Daniel down on the river the other day. I do believe he is part of the sixth generation of our family to play on its banks.

My indecisiveness is because of my age? Who knew! I don't think I like that.
ReplyDeleteIt's so true that something you love to do becomes another thing when it's something you have to do. I'm glad you don't have to sew for others, too.
I think I used to be much more decisive. I know I'm not any more, so I'm chalking it up to more stuff clogging my brain (I have to "pull out more drawers" to weight my options) *and* even though I was never a bundle of energy, I'm even slower now. :-)
Delete