Thursday, September 20, 2012

Another Week Gone? Yikes!

The title says it all.  Where does the time go?  I'll think I just wrote a post and then discover it's been a week.  As I've said numerous times, I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't get old just as fast.  {Smile}

So, what have I been up to?  Who knows!!  I have been working on a new quilt for fall using the fat quarters I bought in McCall.


Tonight I joined all the blocks together and now I'm waiting for some coordinating fabric to arrive to use as borders. I knew I should have purchased yardage when I bought the fat quarters, but fortunately I found the complete line online and I think I actually had more choices to pick from.  I used my trusty Yellow Brick Road pattern by Atkinson Designs, and right now I'm not sure it was the right pattern to use. It's a fun and fast way to create a quilt, but I'm wondering if my strong fabrics are not a bit too strong for it.  We'll see.

Meanwhile, we had embroidery club at the shop today and I think everyone had a good time making the Sweet Dreams pillowcases.  There was lots of fun and friendly chatter as the class stitched away.  Their "teacher" had a good time, too.  :-)

This weekend promises to be a busy one as we have invites to several parties on Saturday as well as a soccer game for Cameron.  Friday night we'll be at Ann and Eric's as we celebrate Eric's 40th birthday.  However did our kids get to be older than we are?!?  Or so it seems.  

Hoping you all enjoy a beautiful fall weekend--

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't know that the colors are too strong for the pattern. The look may be different from what appeals to you as a rule, but it's fall. It's not the last quilt you'll ever make, so enjoy!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's days later and I'm still not certain about this quilt, but my other fabrics came and I'm working on the borders. Updates coming soon, for better or worse. :-)

      Delete
    2. As I look at the fabrics in the picture, it seems as though they should work together. You can count on me to be supportive. That said, I also want to make a harvest quilt, and I struggle with it. Maybe it's because the browns, oranges, and golden yellows make us think of the '70s. The pattern I have calls for six lights and six darks. When I put my fat quarters together, I ask myself, "Do these belong on the same quilt?"

      Delete
    3. The fabrics are all from the same line so they do go together, but I'm wondering if I should have broadened my colors. Anyway, it's coming along, for better or worse. :-) And you might have a point about the '70s.

      Take a picture of your fat quarters and look at them. Do you like what you see?

      Delete