My goodness this year is flying by so quickly! One third of it gone already. It's been a dark and stormy day, windy and wet. We got up this morning (late!), and decided to help our local Arby's celebrate their first day of serving breakfast. It was good! I had a sausage and egg wrap and Dan had biscuits and sausage. I'm sure we ate our weekly quota of salt and fat, but it was a once-in-a-great-while treat. :-)
I'm on sock number two using the Madelinetosh sock yarn. It's a super smooth and silky yarn, hard to believe it's all wool. I'm hoping to get the second sock done and I'm thinking I'll give this pair to Mom for Mother's Day. We're heading down their way on Saturday to celebrate Dad's eighty-ninth birthday (actually on Friday) with Bruder Bear, so I thought we could add in Mother's Day since it will be just a week later.
And now I think I'll head into the kitchen and mix up a batch of cookies for my sweetie who's out on the lawnmower trying to get some work done in the backyard before the next rain hits. He's hoping the wind has dried things out enough that he can get some of the long grass (it grows so quickly this time of year!) up before we need to hire a hay baler! :-)
What fun to go out for salt and fat first thing in the morning. We never do that -- not even before we eschewed fat.
ReplyDeleteA pair of socks made by her daughter will be treasured by your mother. Well done! Have a great celebration.
Yes, that first spring mowing is more challenging than subsequent mowings and the rain does make the grass grow.
We should be well preserved for a month or so! :-) When the kids were home, but older, we went out for breakfast every Saturday morning at the deli at the Moscow Hotel. It was a good way for us to reconnect after our busy weeks and the orange rolls and sherried eggs were sooo wonderful. The deli closed years ago, but we still remember how good those times were.
DeleteI'm closing in on finishing the second sock so I should be able to give them to her. I hope she likes them. I do know she's mentioned that she likes to wear wool socks now.
Fun! There's an Arby's in Colville that serves breakfast. You order at the counter but then they bring it to where you're sitting. We usually do a hot breakfast at home on the weekends. Most often biscuits and eggs, sometimes sausage or bacon, too. Occasionally we mix it up with waffles or pancakes. I actually wouldn't want to do it every day, but it is so nice on the weekend.
ReplyDeleteYou are a sock factory! Good work! :)
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals! I love to have it for dinner. :-) What's not to love about bacon, sausage, eggs and waffles? (Now I'm hungry!) And something about it seems more fun to cook than "regular" food.
DeleteYou're right--I've turned into a sock factory! Mom loved her socks, and I'm excited to get to start a new pair!