Monday, May 7, 2012

Birthday Bash

Saturday we headed down to my hometown to celebrate my dad's eighty-ninth birthday, my nephew's twenty-second birthday, and my Bruder Bear's, um, birthday. :-) By the time everyone arrived, my parents' house was overflowing with people!  There were fourteen of us, from little Daniel to Great Papa himself.  

I took the camera and got pictures of the kids (of all ages) playing in the living room, and then when it got down to the important event--the cake, I was busy lighting the candles and all of a sudden realized I was missing the most important picture of the day!!  Ack!  

So here are a few of the pictures I did get.  Ann and Eric brought down their Geo Trax train set to entertain the little man, and everyone had fun with it!  The big boys brought their Lego Mindstorm robot (see Cameron in the first picture) and it, too, was a hit.  


Gigi enjoying having everyone home:


Cameron, Jillian and JR having fun with the toys:


Karen, Kirsten, and Ann enjoying the view:


Ann took a video of the cake and candles, but she did send me this picture that actually shows Dad and Bruder Bear as I'm cutting the cake.


I still can't believe I didn't get a picture of Dad, John, JR and the cake.  Sheesh...

4 comments:

  1. What fun! What kind of cake did you have? Who made it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the cake and it's an old recipe that Dad loves. I'll do a little post on it in a day or so.

      Delete
    2. I had the privilege of talking to Chris just after the cake came out of the oven. I think I have her recipe for "poor man's cake." I must check.

      Delete
    3. Kathy is correct and I wrote a new post with the recipe. :-)

      Delete