Yes, we (and I use the word "we" loosely), are still working on the house. The next phase of the update has taken place and the "popcorn" ceiling texture so popular in the '70's and '80's, has been removed in the entry way, the hall, and the breakfast nook. Eric came over and he and Dan were very successful in their efforts. I can include myself in this phase because I scouted out removal processes on the internet, complete with videos. It was surprisingly easy, or so they tell me. My other contribution to the removal was to watch Daniel so Eric could help. (He was in charge of Daniel that day because Ann had previous commitments.) Little D (as his brothers call him) and I had a fun day at his house while Dan and Eric sprayed and scraped.
Here's the current state of the breakfast nook:
And the entryway:
And the hall.
Yes, the fun never ends in a renovation project. And I know how envious you all are of our new lighting. :-) No sense putting up the light fixtures until everything is completed.
Next up is texturing. That may be a while because we've now bumped into Dan's busy season with his consulting business. Rest assured, however, that I will keep you updated!
It's always difficult to live around a renovation project, but you're going to love it when it's finished.
ReplyDeleteMike and I learned to do the texturing when we renovated the farmhouse. Then Hallie helped us paint. I know we drove the contractor nuts. It took us weeks of working only weekends in order to finish, but we are proud of our walls.
Sounds like you and Eric came to a fair trade. Glad you went someplace else while the dusty work was going on.
I must have some character defect, because I'm not really bothered by the renovation. I'm just so glad it's in process that I can overlook the undoneness.
DeleteDan and Eric did lots of texturing when A&E remodeled, so when they can get to it, it should go well. We might be weekenders, too. :-) Glad you are pleased with your results! And you can list wall texturing on your resume!! LOL
ANOTHER project? Isn't that how it goes? You update one thing and then something else looks shabby in comparison--better get to that, too! Our place is small, but that's how it happened for us. We agreed to redo the counters...well, we might as well do the cupboards...by the way, let's get rid of the carpet. Now what? Furniture. Ha! It is becoming a tiny slice of heaven. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I love your progression!! Yes, as we've begun, we've decided that we might as well rip up everything at once. We pondering the floor in the entryway, too.
DeleteEventually we want to remove the popcorn texture on the ceilings in the whole house, but we'll tackle the other rooms later. We will do our bedroom as part of this renovation because we are going to re-carpet it when we do the stairs and the hallway.
"A tiny slice of heaven..." I love it!