Ooo, first of all, blogger composer has changed since my last post! I feel weird here...
Anyway, I am back among the living after catching a bug that's been going around here. It's a truly ugly one, but I seem to have beaten it back and am doing well. I did nothing but sleep and sleep and by yesterday I seemed to be back to "normal" -- or as normal as I get. :-) Fever, chills, aching joints, no appetite, cough, sore throat, the symptoms are 'flu like. On the bright side, I may have lost a few ounces or two.
A few pictures:
Love these striped socks! I've become a sock knitting fanatic. I'm working on a new pair with some lovely (can you say $$?) yarn I ordered from a shop in Ft. Collins called the Loopy Ewe. I doesn't come in a pull skein so Dan I spent some time one evening just before I got sick reliving the "olden days" while he held the yarn and rolled, and rolled, and rolled. If I keep buying this type of yarn I may have to invest in a ball winder.
Meanwhile, the sheet rock work has progressed. Taping and mudding is a long process and Dan has worked on it to the point where he's thinking it's ready for the texturing.
I need to go on a carpet finding mission. And a blind finding mission. And curtain fabric finding mission. And, hmmm...maybe a nap to stave off a relapse...
So sorry to hear that you've had a bout of the crud. I got pretty sick in January and now I must be immune to all the stuff going around this spring because I've managed to remain well.
ReplyDeleteThose socks are beautiful!
Dan is doing fine work. Kudos to him!
Thanks for liking my socks, Hallie! I guess I'm turning into a real ol' granny! :-) They seem to be just the thing for picking up whenever there's a few minutes.
DeleteI'll tell Dan of your approval of his work. Poor boy, he's been hard at it. He's a perfectionist, and now it's getting to be the time when he starts back at his forestry work so he's feeling a little pressured. I told him as long as it's in process, I'm fine--it'll get done. :-)
I switched to the new Blogger format weeks ago when they told me I would eventually have to. Don't like change, especially when it doesn't feel better. I never know why it is that "view blog" is in teeny weeny obscure letters buried in an obscure header.
ReplyDeleteThe socks are very pretty and I'm so impressed that you would order such expensive yarn. More power to you, I say! I thought twice about paying $7.00 a skein at Jo-Ann. I could just see a hole developing on the heel of my creation. I would be upset!
Yes, Dan is doing great work, and this stuff is real work, as we know. Not only is it labor-intensive but the decisions are no fun. But -- it will be wonderful when it's done -- all fresh and looking like it belongs to you -- not those other folks.
I'm sorry you were sick. Glad you're feeling better.
Hmm, somehow I missed that they were changing formats, so when I went in to do this post, I was unpleasantly surprised. I can't find any of the usual stuff and it's maddening. Phooey on change!
DeleteI don't know if impressed is the word to use regarding my recent yarn purchases, but I must say the yarn I'm using is wonderful. It's so silky, I can hardly believe it's wool. It's called Tosh Sock by Madelinetosh and the color is Field. I'm blaming Judy for leading me astray, but Dan encouraged me to order, too.