I saw Wordless Wednesday on another blog and I though, "What a good idea!" I was inspired by this beautiful day and tried a few different things with my camera. I really need to read the instructions, but somehow I rebel at that, so it's learn as I go. I was really happy with the tree tops and the leaves in the crack.
These are great. I like that first picture, great composition :) First thing I ever did with my camera was read the manual front to back...and tried everything out while reading it...best thing I ever did :)
Hi Nina! Thanks for your nice words--coming from you, they are highly valued! Your pictures are incredible! I'm just using a Nikon Cool Pix Dan got me a few years ago for Christmas, so I was pleased to go far (the first one), through a window (the second), and up close (the third). Hug your little ones for me! I like Ann's idea of having you come photograph Mandi's kids (and Ann's, too!), and we can all (I'm joining you!!) eat some of your fabulous cooking!
I loved my Nikon Cool Pix (that I dropped and now doesn't work so well). But -- I have "manual aversion." I have made a strong plea to just replace the Nikon with the same model, which is still available, so that I might read the manual and take advantage of some of the features, such as panoramas. There -- more than you wanted to know, probably.
Kathy, I like your term "manual aversion". It sounds better than saying I don't like to read the manual! I am generally very happy with my Nikon, and I really should read the manual and see what all it can do. I hope you'll be able to get another that you'll be comfortable with. Dan has a fancy Nikon with all kinds of lenses (as does Nina), which I've used once or twice, but I *really* don't want to have to figure it out. Maybe someday...
I actually aspire to be a better photographer, but the manual aversion stands in my way. Besides, so often a good picture is a thing of the moment and "point and shoot" serves my purpose.
No words necessary. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteI saw Wordless Wednesday on another blog and I though, "What a good idea!" I was inspired by this beautiful day and tried a few different things with my camera. I really need to read the instructions, but somehow I rebel at that, so it's learn as I go. I was really happy with the tree tops and the leaves in the crack.
ReplyDeleteThese are great. I like that first picture, great composition :) First thing I ever did with my camera was read the manual front to back...and tried everything out while reading it...best thing I ever did :)
ReplyDeleteHi Nina! Thanks for your nice words--coming from you, they are highly valued! Your pictures are incredible! I'm just using a Nikon Cool Pix Dan got me a few years ago for Christmas, so I was pleased to go far (the first one), through a window (the second), and up close (the third). Hug your little ones for me! I like Ann's idea of having you come photograph Mandi's kids (and Ann's, too!), and we can all (I'm joining you!!) eat some of your fabulous cooking!
ReplyDeleteI loved my Nikon Cool Pix (that I dropped and now doesn't work so well). But -- I have "manual aversion." I have made a strong plea to just replace the Nikon with the same model, which is still available, so that I might read the manual and take advantage of some of the features, such as panoramas. There -- more than you wanted to know, probably.
ReplyDeleteKathy, I like your term "manual aversion". It sounds better than saying I don't like to read the manual! I am generally very happy with my Nikon, and I really should read the manual and see what all it can do. I hope you'll be able to get another that you'll be comfortable with. Dan has a fancy Nikon with all kinds of lenses (as does Nina), which I've used once or twice, but I *really* don't want to have to figure it out. Maybe someday...
ReplyDeleteI actually aspire to be a better photographer, but the manual aversion stands in my way. Besides, so often a good picture is a thing of the moment and "point and shoot" serves my purpose.
ReplyDelete